I was under the impression that you picked your award show performances based on sales and popularity, but now that I know all I have to do is create a Twitter petition there's some things I want you to know. First of all we (stans of mildly relevant artists) are tired of seeing Beyonce at any and every award show. The Grammy Awards, the MTV Awards, the BET Awards, VH1 Awards, the gatdamn Animal Planet Awards, we're tired of it. She is NOT God and I am tired of her monopolizing the industry. I am sick of her and her singing on-key, and dancing on beat and getting standing ovations and stupid shit like that.. It's about time you gave other artists a shot, like artists who don't have an ounce of rhythm, or artists who couldn't carry a tune in a Gucci bag. Or just random-ass artists. Why can't you just have random ass regular people on the show? Why do you always have to support the most popular and the most talented? The BET Awards should be a showcase for ALL people.
If you do not put the following artists on the 2009 BET Awards we will not be watching:
- Letoya Luckett
- LaTavia Roberson
- Keri Hilson
- Farrah Franklin
- Adina Howard
- An Xscape Reunion
- A 227 Reunion (minus Jackeé, she was always trying to upstage Marla Gibbs, and she has the weird "e" on her name like Beyoncé)
- KP and Envy
- DJ Jazzy Jeff (but not Will Smith's overexposed ass, we pressed stans only support the underdog)
- A Vanity 6 Reunion
- A Klymaxx Reunion
- An Another Bad Creation Reunion
- A Color Me Badd Reunion
- Oran "Juice" Jones
- Terrence Trent Darby
- Maze (but not Frankie Beverly. I'm tired of him hogging the spotlight, just like Beyonce)
- Parliament (but not Funkadelic)
- Kool and the Gang (minus Kool, he's overexposed)
- The Cult Jam (fuck Lisa Lisa!)
- Fire (we're tired of Earth and Wind monopolizing the industry)
- A "The Boys" Reunion
- A "House Party" Reunion with all original cast members EXCEPT Kid and Tisha Campbell (Tisha looks too much like Beyonce, and the only reason Kid's name is first is because he's light-skinned and Matthew Knowles paid for it)
- My 8 year old cousin and her school's dance troupe doing a routine to "Halle Berry (She Fine)" by Hurricane Chris
- Hurricane Chris
- My grandma who just lost her foot can get on stage and do the "Stanky Leg" and raise awareness about diabetes.
- My great-aunt Cookie doing her version of Rebbie Jackson's "Centipede." (Beyonce better watch her back!)
- My Aunt James and Uncle Jermaine doing their version of Ashford Simpson's "Solid As a Rock"
And at 10:00PM you should just put a microphone on the stage, and just have an open mic at the BET Awards and let everybody jump on stage like it's the '96 Source Awards. It's time to make this year a big ole country-ass tacky-ass unorganized talent show where any and everybody can jump on the stage, not just Beyonce.
If you don't meet our demands we will NOT be watching the BET Awards this year. Well, we're going to watch so we can hate on Beyonce the next day, but we're going to have an attitude about it.
If you are a stan tired of BET showcasing talent and if you are tired of Beyonce setting the bar too high for other artists please sign this petition and feel free to add on to it.
Pressed Ass Stans
SIGN MY PETITION!!!